Voices from WILPF - Nepal Section
We have featured a recent article by Nirmala, from WILPF Nepal, in our WPS Portal. Nirmala discusses the current situation in Nepal stating that "the main reason violence against women occurs is the patriarchal and feudal mindset", the National Action Plan and lack of implementation. Nirmala gives 6 recommendations, listed below.
Recommendation from WILPF Nepal
1) Advocacy programmes to develop laws that are victim friendly
2) Interaction programmes on why policy administration is slow in investigations of violence against women. Why are these cases ignored?
3) Public hearings and integration programmes to re-commitment state mechanisms and political party leaders
4) Awareness programmes to end conservative cultural practices
5) Human rights and legal right education
6) Immediate response to violence against women cases